It’s not too late to get a decent Valentine’s Day present for the number one fan girl in your life. However, chocolates, though mostly appreciated, are rather cliché. And flowers, they are going to whither in like a week.
Here are some ideas for what your more non stereotypical, star wars loving, book reading fan girl would be interested in:
1. Is she crafty? If so consider Knits for Nerds by Joan of Dark or The Star Wars Craft Book by Bonnie Burton.
2. Books. And when I say books, I don’t mean 50 Shades of Gray or Twilight (stay far away from those series), get her something that she will really like. If she is one of the thousands that have a GoodReads account feel free to snoop around to see what’s one her to read list. If she doesn’t have a good reads account, buy her a cup of coffee/tea and let her loose at your local bookstore as part of her present. You may loose her for an hour or two as she hunts down her favorite books but I guarantee she will be a happy girl in the end with a pile of new books to read.
3. Perhaps a living room picnic and Dr. Who Marathon? Not a Dr. Who fan (absurd I know!) try Star Wars, Star Trek or maybe Xmen. It’s incredibly romantic when as Han is lowered into carbonite, Leia finally says I love you and Han says “I know.” Excuse me for a moment while I swoon.
4. Pretty much anything from Thinkgeek.com, no seriously. Have you been on that site? I did most of my Christmas shopping there, for every present I bought a loved one, two were for me…
5. Or you can do what my husband did. Buy her a dozen comics of her favorite comic Character. I for one, am happily reading my way through a dozen Wonder Woman comics.
When it comes to finding the right gift, don’t over think it. When all else fails ask. She’ll appreciate the thought and effort more than just another box of candy that every other girl in the country has gotten.