This week’s top ten are the Top Ten Characters I would crush on if I were a fictional character. Though I have to admit that I don’t need to be a fictional character to crush on these heroes. This was an easy list, given Michele and I have these discussions regularly. So here goes, in no particular order.
1. Wesly (Princess Bride) How can I not help but crush on the Man in Black. Though I do admit that I liked the movie better than the book, Wesly is still very much the heroic crushable hero in the book.
2. Dreadnaught Stanton (Native Star and The Hidden Goddess) Though he starts off as the annoying royal pain in the first book, Native Star, he turns into loveable hero that you just can’t help but fall in love with.
3. Matthew Clairmont (A Discovery of Witches) He is such a great leading man. He is one of those crushes that I would like to argue with, just for the sake of all that goes along with it. It nice to have a guy that doesn’t go along with everything you say. Plus, he is a real vampire….he doesn’t sparkle!!
4. James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser, a.k.a. Jamie Fraser (Outlander) The loveable highlander in a kilt. His goofiness and devotion to Claire makes him a perfect choice for this top ten list.
5. Connal Maccon (The Parasol Protectorate) I was in love with him from the moment he caught Alexia faking her faint after stabbing a vampire with a hair stick. He is stubborn, gorgeous and did I mention he wears a kilt…
6. Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) The quintessential romantic hero, that you just can’t help but love. He can carry a debate, is chivalrous and I always picture him as Matthew Macfayden.
7. Sirius Black (Harry Potter) Misunderstood bad boy. Need I say more?
8. Atticus Fitch (To Kill a Mockingbird) Devoted Single dad, who is brilliant and full of integrity…yes please!
9. Fred aka Peter (Breakfast At Tiffany’s) Truman Capote’s literary version of the classic movie painted Fred in a much better light. In the book he is caught up in dazzle of Holly and is just an all around good guy.
10. Valek (Poison Study) He is just the total bad boy that makes good girls want to chase after the bad guy. He is protective but yet let’s Yelena make her own choices and be her own person.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To play along, link to their blog and post a link back to yours.