Some girls obsess over television shows, other’s fashion or the latest adventures of celebrity. My friends and I? We obsess over books. So this Top Ten Tuesday is dedicated to those books that make my circle of friends collectively sigh, text each other at one in the morning because we just reached a critical part of the book, or have sparked arguments over which characters are better within the story.
1. River of No Return by Bee Ridgeway. This one has just begun making it’s rounds. The twists and turns have already brought about late night texts and even phone conversations.
2. Outlander by Diana Galbadan. These books are like their own soap opera and when we get together to discuss this book (typically over a bottle of wine) we have non stop gossip sessions about the characters.
3. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. This is another book that causes us to gossip and bring about excited discussions.
4. Anything by Jane Austen. Many an evening has been passed discussing our favorite leading men and adventurous protagonists in petticoats.
5. Native Star by M.K. Hobson. This book brought about many sighs and discussions of the main character’s relationship.
6. Divergent by Veronica Roth. This was one of the books that brought about midnight texts and immediate requests to read faster.
7. The All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I say trilogy here because I anticapte some obsessive discussion over he third book like we have with the first two books.
8. Any Fairtale retelling. It doesn’t matter what the book is, or if any of us have actually read the same book. We discuss the books in detail and compare the story with others that we have read.
9. The Diviners by Libba Bray. I have yet to read this book (my friend’s copy is on bookshelf) however, my friend’s who have read it love it and have had some spirited discussions about the book.
10. Foodie books. Whether it’s books about the History of Cheese or the exploration of current issues books about food make my friends
Interested in playing along? Post a link of The Broke and the Bookish in your post, then go ahead and post one on their page.