Summer is a great time for reading. Sitting out in the garden with an iced tea, it’s the perfect way to pass away the time on a lazy summer day. These are the books I plan on reading this summer.
- The Shinning Girls. It was featured as a Wishlist Wednesday topic; I finally picked it up at the bookstore the other day. A time traveling murder mystery is the perfect way to start off a summer if I do say so myself.
- Slow Food a Case for Taste. I figure it’s time for me to read at least one book written by the man that founded the organization that I am so involved in.
- Tomorrow there will be Apricots. This story about love, acceptance and the food that helps to bring that about.
- Body and Bread. Family histories unearthed on an old farm in east Texas. A fantastic read for the summer.
- Unusual Uses for Olive Oil this quirky book of misadventures and one legged wiener dogs is perfect for the summer.
- Garden Spells. A story of family relationships set around a garden is perfect for when I am reading in my little corner in my garden.
- Gorgeous. A reverse beauty and the beast with a girl from the south seeking out her possible fairytale life is perfect for a hot summer day.
- The Forgotten Garden Fairytales, a secret garden and a mystery. What more could I want?
- The House Girl. The story of Josephine Bell, a runaway slave in 1893 and Lina Sparrow a lawyer in 2004 worlds collide when Lina finds out that Josephine may be the actual artist behind a series of famous paintings that her slave master took credit for.
- The Weird Sisters. The three Weird Sisters grew up with a dad obsessed with Shakespeare (Something I can most certainly relate to), when grown up they must come back to their childhood home to take care of him and learn how to get along.
So kids, this is how I plan to spend my summer vacation. By the looks of it I will be in good company.
Interested in playing along? Post a link of The Broke and the Bookish in your post, then go ahead and post one on their page.