I am so excited to be a part of Something Wicked Returns blog hop this year. So in honor of that and the fact that it’s Tuesday I am doing The Top Ten Books Get Ready for Halloween.
Sure everyone reaches for Steven King or Dean Koontz but here are some other books who can get you excited about carving pumpkins and all those other great October activities.
1. The Parasol Protectorate Series. Vampires, Werewolves, Victorian fashion….treacle tarts. What more does a girl need to get into the season?
2. Any book from the Broken Heart Series. The books are quite fun (and definitely not for prudish reader), but a town full of vampires in the middle of Kansas, it’s like a supernatural Eureka.
3. Sense And Sensibility and Sea Monster…come on…it’s sea monsters
4. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. The love of Pride and Prejudice and the love of zombies combined into one awesome book.
5. The Lace Reader Besides taking place in Salem Massachusetts, it’s just an overall creepy book.
6. My Life as a White Trash Zombie. Being a zombie is not all the glitz and glam everyone thinks it is. so grab a beer and some cheesey poofs and enjoy the ride.
7. Ocean at the End of the Lane. It feels like the kind of eerie ghost story kids would tell by campfires.
8. The Witch of Little Italy. This is just a lovely little book about family and love and witches of course.
9. Garden Spells. Though another book about witches, in Garden Spells Sisters have to come together to accept who they really are and mend their relationship.
10. The Thirteenth Tale. I love love love this book. It’s creepy, it’s mysterious it had me up late reading just to see what happened next.
So this is just the beginning of this awesome blog hop. I have lots planned for this month (including a give away or two). So stay tuned and check back often. Also check out Rainy Day Ramblings for other blogs involved, giveaways and more!