This year has been a great year for discovering new authors. Here are my Top Ten Favorites of the year that I have discovered that I love (and you should check out if you haven’t read any of their work go check them out with the handy dandy links I have included)
1. Patricia Briggs. She is the author of the Mercy Thompson series which I have fallen in love with. She writes a great heroine (think Lost Girl), entertaining supporting characters with some serious page turners. I am glad I finally got off my butt and started reading the series.
2. Shannon Hale. Her Austenland books are my dirty little pleasure. Fun light reads that really speak to my inner Jane Austen fan girl.
3. Jessica Brockmole. You can see my interview with her here. It’s a great historical romance.
4. Bee Ridgewater. Her debut book The River of No return was such a great book and a great an initial book in a series.
5. Jess Walter I fell in love with his writing in Beautiful Ruins, he writes really complicated defected charecters that you can’t help but relate to.
6. Suzanne Palmeri-Hale. I was introduced to her writing through The Witch of Little Italy which became one of my favorite books of the year.
7. Kate Morton. I think between the two books of hers that I read this yeah but my favorite so far has been The Forgotten Garden. I really haven’t been in this in love with historical fiction since I first discovered Phillipa Gregory.
8. Diana Galbadon, now technically I started reading the Outlander series at the end of last year but frankly in my opion it was close enough and I read the second and third books this year. I recommend checking it out now before the Star Series comes out.
9. Neil Gaiman. I thuroughly believe there was a mass conspiracy keeping his books from me for all of these years. I am now doing my best to play catch-up. I have yet to come across a book of his that I don’t love.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and The Bookish. Want to play along? Check out their blog for more details.