They say the grass is greener is on the other side but frankly the grass can’t be green enough for me to want switch places with these characters in anyway shape or form.
- Yelena from Poison Study. I love food. It would ruin said love if I had to taste food for poison that would totally ruin the experience.
- Claire from Outlander. As much as I love the whole Jaime/Claire romance thing, give me my hot showers and steady normal life.
- Nora Fischer from the Thinking Woman’s Guide to Real Magic. Because I like this reality and frankly I don’t think I would do well in a world where the women are primarily second class. Oh! And let’s not forget the creepy fairy people…yeah no.
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. Let’s face it, I talk a big game but when it comes down to it I am a lover not a fighter and would have folded shortly after they called my name.
- Any Character from A Song of Ice and Fire series. Really do I need to explain this one?
- Any woman in the Boleyn Inheritance. During the period of time where King Henry was completely and totally insane I would not want to be one of the women in King Henry’s line of fire.
- Ophelia in Hamlet. Dreary castle, crazy boyfriend that says he doesn’t love you anymore, untimely death by drowning in the pond. Yeah, that’s not a world for me.
- Bella in any of the Twighlight books. A world where vampires sparkle is not a world where I want to live.
- Eliza in the Forgotten Garden. That girl just got the bum end of the stick from the very beginning. Her story is one of tragedy.
- Mercy in the Rathbones. Her whole family dies right before her as she goes on a quest to discover it’s history. Though, her pet crow is pretty cool…
So for now, I will happily live vicariously through them in my cozy bed with my warm kindle.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and The Bookish. Want to play along? Check out their blog for more details.