There are certain books that are written so well that they either make you cry or want to cry, whether they be tears of joy or just sincere sadness.
- The Last Chinese Chef: This sweet story about secrets, unfinished business and family will certainly bring a tear to your eye.
- The Book Thief: You know what happens before the end of the book but it still made me cry like a baby.
- Beautiful Ruins: Such a bitter sweet story of friendship. It will bring happy tears to your eyes.
- The Forgotten Garden: this is just such a beautiful twisted story of love and loss.
- The Kitchen Daughter: Nothing like the story of two sisters trying to navigate life to make you feel all sorts of mushy stuff.
- Cutting for Stone: Brotherly bonds, loss and that sort of thing.
- Memoirs of a Geisha: Such a sad and beautiful story.
- Middlesex: One of my all time favorites. This story of a person struggling to connect with who they are is a tear jerker in a good way.
- Marley and Me: Anyone who has owned a dog will feel the joy and sadness when it comes to this book.
- The Color Purple: Another sister relationship story that trandsends time and space.
Want to play along? Post a link to The Broke and the Bookish and then go on their website to post a link to your blog.