Today’s Top Ten was supposed to be the Top Ten Popular Authors that I haven’t read yet but frankly I have such eclectic reading tastes that there really aren’t any that I haven’t. Also when they get to the really popular stage I will give a book of theirs a try simply to see what the big deal is about. Sometimes it works out and I find a new love….sometimes not so much….
1. and 2. Stephanie Meyer and E.L. James Well you know this was coming. I read books 1,2, and 4 of Twilight and the first 100 pages or so of 50 Shades of Grey. I Personally just didn’t like the writing styles. How much about what they eat for breakfast do I really need to know? And don’t even get me started on the characters…
3. Janet Evanocvich. I just can’t get into her stories. I want to and I keep trying but I just can’t.
4. Anne Rice. I love love love Interview with a Vampire but I just can’t get into her other books.
5. Gillian Flynn I tried reading Gone Girl but I really just didn’t like the characters. I verbally said “Ugh, I can’t deal with this” and then set the book down. I have yet to go back.
6. John Grisham… The law is the premise of the book. Need I say more?
7. Dan Brown the whole historical inaccuracy thing just gets to me every time.
8. Sophie Kinsella Confessions of a Shopoholic was pretty good but I just can’t handle any of her other books.
9. Emily Griffin I tried to read Something Blue, and I just didn’t like any of the characters.
10. Cassandra Claire. I wanted to like her books. I saw the panel at WonderCon last year featuring her and I thought hey I should check out her books. I read a sample and realized that yup, they weren’t for me.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you want to play along, post a link on their site to your blog and then post a link them from your blog.