What would a favorite things theme be without Doctor Who? For those people who aren’t familiar with Doctor Who or why those of us who love the show, really love the show. Here are few things to consider (and some of the argument points I used to get my friends into the show)
- It’s part science fiction part fantasy. Yeah you have the wibbly wobbly timey wimey space science stuff the show is about a guy who shows up and whisks people away on an adventure. However, instead of a horse he has a Blue Phone Booth…well sometimes there’s a horse ….
- British Humor…need I say more?
- Rose Tyler
- River Song
- Clara Oswald
- Amy Pond
- Epicness. The show has been on for 50 years. The originals are very different from the new series. You can almost say that he is like the science fiction version of James Bond, except he doesn’t like martini’s and he has a sonic screw driver.
- As much as there are adult elements to the stories, this is very much a family show. On a Saturday night you can sit down with your kids, a bowl of popcorn and have an hour of family time. There aren’t many shows out there that have this element anymore.
- If I had to pick a central theme to the show I would say hope and friendship.
- And did I mention the Tardis which stands for Time and Relative Dimension in Space? It can go anywhere in time and space, which just sparks the imagination of history nerds and space geeks alike.
- If you love B Movies, Doctor Who has some of the best B Movie Villains and I know my B movie Villains, case in point:
So what are you still doing reading this? Get on Netflix, Amazon or Hulu and start watching….
For those of you out there who are Doctor Who fans, what are some of your favorite things about the show?