With the season ending and so many of my favorite shows saying goodbye forever (Ie: How I Met Your Mother and Being Human) I thought I would use this Top Ten Freebie topic to explore my television series wishlist. So assuming that the series stays true to the story and I approve of the casting these are the shows that I would like to see made:
1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Ok, I have officially joined this fandom. I have read two and half of the books in the series within 2 week time span and am already halfway through book 3. This would make such a great television series. I already picture Sam Witwer as Akiva in my fantasy casting. Stay tuned, I will have more on my thoughts on this series later this week.
2. Mercy Thompson Vampires, Werewolves and a kick ass heroine. So many wonderful casting options for this and so many juicy adventures that you could certainly make a great run of it.
3. River of No Return. Just based on the first book there are so many adventures and so much that can be done with a television show with just this book.
4. Parasol Protectorate. Seriously why isn’t this a television show yet? Victorian espionage in conjunction to Vampires and Werewolves would make an awesome television series. I still see Gerard Butler or my personal favorite, Henry Cavil, as Lord Maccon.
5. 1,001 Arabian Nights. This is the time for Hollywood to cash in on the fairytale retelling trend. So envision this with me, if you will, you have the main story of Shahrazad trying not to get her head cut off by the king by telling stories within the show, which of course would be great opportunities for some guest stars. And there are 1,001 stories and a thick main plot for audiences to sink their teeth into, it would give you at least 4 seasons.
6. Thursday Next Series. This would make a fun tongue in cheek crime drama that I would actually watch and speaking of crime dramas…
7. The Chet and Bernie Mysteries. The books are told from the perspective of the dog, it would be fun to have a show narrated and told from the perspective of the dog. I don’t know how they would do it but at least the dog wouldn’t get killed in the first ten minutes.
8. Neverwhere. Even though there is only one book unlike the others on this list, there is enough content for there to be a great television series off of the one show.
9. The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club. The story of a woman having to start over in a sleepy little seaside village and finding success and renewed life through knitting. It would be a fun positive little show for lifetime or the Hallmark channel.
10. Broken Heart. The premise of the books are like something made for the syfy channel. About a dozen people are attacked by a rabid disease infested Vampire and are then turned into Vampires as well, the town is then turned into a safe haven new community for vampires, werewolves and other supernatural creatures. Based in a lot of mythology with a fun twist these books would be so much fun on the screen. Likewise, it should be noted these books put 50 shades of grey to shame….yet one more reason why this would be great for Syfy.
Ok Hollywood, feel free to call anytime, I am free to write for the above shows….
So what books would you like to see be turned into a television series?
Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the Broke and the Bookish. Want to play along? Link up with them and then post a link back to their page on your blog.