It feels like 2014 just started. Just the other day I told the husband in conversation that we were just a few months into the year…he promptly corrected me. So without much ado here are the top ten books I have read so far this year.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone, books 1 through 3. I devoured these books within a few weeks so to me it feels like all one book but I absolutely loved them. I got so invested in the characters and just HAD to know what happened next.
- I Shall be Near to You. I think this has made it into my all time favorite historical fiction books. Therefore, it has earned a well derserved spot on this list.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I could not set this book down. With every page the mystery deepened and even though I had hundreds of things I needed to be doing at that moment, I needed to see what would happen on the next page.
- Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking. This was just such a great memoir of the history and life of a family in soviet Russia that resonated with today’s events.
- Where’d you go Bernadette? This is such a fun book with so many well developed characters.
- Dorothy Must Die. This is a surprisingly fun book that I am currently enjoying.
- Tomorrow there will be Apricots. The word that best describes this book is raw. It’s such a great book about accepting the family that we have and the family that you choose.
- Fangirl. A fresh coming of age story perfect for geeky girls.
- Bone Crossed #4 in the Mercy Thompson. I love this series. Every book gets better than the last.
- Drums of Autumn #4 in the Outlander series. I do believe this is my second favorite book in the Outlander series (the first being my favorite).
Want to play along? Check in with The Broke and the Bookish for details.